Proud members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. We strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility, and gun rights. We also believe in the 90/10 theory. That means that 10% of the people have 90% of the talent. Unfortunately, we are not in the 10% category. However, the rest of us are still better than 90% of the politicians.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The day got better

After another fabulous day at work I picked up my car from the dealer. It was due for its 60,000 mile oil change and tire fluffing. Turned out to be a $500 oil change and tire fluffing. And to repair one of the not necessary, but annoying to be without gadgets will be another $1250. The freaking car is only 6 years old! LBB's last one made it to legal drinking age without this much trouble. Seriously, he drove it for 12 years then passed it to his daughter who drove it for another 8 before replacing it. I plan to drive this one for several more years, it still runs perfectly and is safe but I'm not happy with it right at the moment.

In better news, my neighbor called as I was getting home and asked if I wanted some fish. He'd been fishing and ran into somebody on the dock who had a mess of trout he didn't want. JK said he doesn't like trout either, but he knew that I (being a furriner and all) would likely eat it. He had it already cleaned and ready to go in the oven. So dinner was healthy and convenient.

JK is a lovely guy, just an old country boy, who thinks women still absolutely require someone to take care of them and when I bought this place decided since he was closest he was the one who was stuck with me. Truly, before LBB moved here to help with Mom JK would load his lawnmower on a trailer and bring it over to mow the lawn so I wouldn't have to do it. And he works longer hours than I do. He thought the hill would be too dangerous for me. I couldn't possibly have better neighbors than him and his wife. Just chatting with them really improves my outlook. Free fish doesn't hurt either. I don't even mind that he still calls me a durn Yankee.

1 comment:

  1. One of the good things about this new computer age is that with advanced metallurgy and machining- engines last a lot longer than they did back in 'the good old days'. There is a lot less maintenance (plugs, points, condenser...)
    But when one of those marvelous little things-that-keep-everything-running goes, it's expensive.

    Plus sometimes the design doesn't help either...
    Mitzu Montero Sport- $2000 for a tune up and timing belt change- because the genius Japanese put the spark plugs inside the VEE and under the intake plenum. So I told them- as long as yo have to take the motor halfway apart go ahead and change the timing belt, too.

    ReplyDelete