Proud members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. We strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility, and gun rights. We also believe in the 90/10 theory. That means that 10% of the people have 90% of the talent. Unfortunately, we are not in the 10% category. However, the rest of us are still better than 90% of the politicians.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Political correctness of Legumes

I came to work this morning, and as part of the morning ritual, S. asked what I had brought for lunch. Usually this means what do you have, and is there enough to share. "A beaner burrito" said I. S. informed me that I shouldn't say that. "Well, it is not beef, chicken, or fish." No, that term beaner is offensive to Latinos" said S.. I informed S. that I was pretty sure that the beans themselves were grown in Louisiana. At this point I spotted Sammy, a Black man (yes he prefers the term Black, as he has put it "I have never been to Africia in my life".) Being the politically incorrect person that I am, I went over to him to apologize for using the term "black" eyed pea and would henceforth call them purple hull peas, even though they are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment