Proud members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. We strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility, and gun rights. We also believe in the 90/10 theory. That means that 10% of the people have 90% of the talent. Unfortunately, we are not in the 10% category. However, the rest of us are still better than 90% of the politicians.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012


 Been gone for a while. Still not really feeling it, but starting to get back to normal and have at least begun reading the blogs again. I have missed keeping up with my blogroll.

Peter was killed 9/11 (so now his family and I have our own private one, too) due to another driver's negligence(It's not accidental when a tire and wheel fly off a van) and I have been busy dealing with the aftermath. His parents and sisters came over from the UK for a few weeks, and were absolutely wonderful, but they had to go home before everything could be completed.

I have to say, as much as I rail against the attitude of many of the police officers I meet and read about lately, the state trooper captain who called to notify me of Peter's death was wonderful. No one could have been kinder in delivering such awful news to a stranger.

And now to finish dealing with all of the myriad details of winding up a life. If I've learned anything from this, it is to always keep your will up to date. While not a surprise, the sheer number of places the government finds to poke its nose in is truly appalling. Not to mention the requirements in organizing bank accounts and mortgages. No matter your circumstances consider an updated will a necessity.

Well, the fugue state is passing and I am again interested in the world around me, so I thought I would share the video sent to me with my reader as there is still some time before the election.

No comments:

Post a Comment