Proud members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. We strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility, and gun rights. We also believe in the 90/10 theory. That means that 10% of the people have 90% of the talent. Unfortunately, we are not in the 10% category. However, the rest of us are still better than 90% of the politicians.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Feuding Cats

We have two cats (well, I don't have any, Spike rescued one so technically my dog has a cat, and the other wandered up here last summer as a starving kitten and my visiting brother fed it so it's his cat. Really. Even though I buy the food and handle the daily stuff.) Brian, the kitten is the cutest, most playful guy imaginable and for some reason he loves to torment poor Blanche (Spike's cat). She's several years older and much more dignified. And he drives her nuts.
This morning I think he hit the apex of annoyance with her.

He was resting peacefully in the middle of the coffee table when she came in and sprawled out in front of it. His head rose, and his ears perked up and I could see him thinking. Just as I thought, "Ooh, this won't be good" he took a leap and landed right on her. She gave a yowl that probably woke our neighbors, levitated about four feet straight up with all four legs straight out to her sides, and took off like she had a rocket up her butt. Down the living room, through the doorway, back up the hall, across the dining area, and back down the living room, through the door, up the hallway. Yowling all the way. With Brian clinging for all he was worth the entire time. The expression of commingled terror and glee on his face almost made me hurt myself. When he judged it time, he did a rolling dismount worthy of an Olympic gymnast, and not being a complete idiot, took off for parts unknown before she could get the brakes on.
If there were a cat rodeo, that ride would have won him a buckle.

Wherever you are, buddy, it's not safe yet. She's still lookin' for ya.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have cats anymore, but I still miss the crazy antics they can get into...

    ReplyDelete