Proud members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. We strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility, and gun rights. We also believe in the 90/10 theory. That means that 10% of the people have 90% of the talent. Unfortunately, we are not in the 10% category. However, the rest of us are still better than 90% of the politicians.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Remodel Prep

I've just spent the hours since I got home from work helping LBB with the preparation he wasn't able to do alone to organize space for the kitchen project purchases. We moved furniture to make room to store everything, hauled a large amount of stuff up the hill to the storage shed (Which he just spent 4 days cleaning out to make room for this pile of stuff. Goodwill and the church are loving us right now.) We got everything set up to hopefully make it easier to stay tidy and organized while we're doing the work. The flooring is to be delivered tomorrow and the appliances on the weekend. Ceiling tiles are on the way. I faxed the cabinet order today and they should be ready in about 2 weeks. Most of the supplies for the lighting are already here. So the necessary paraphernalia is almost gathered. I'm so excited, I can't wait to see it all together.

Then the real work will begin. Luckily some family are available to help and having a Master Electrician and Plumber on hand will come in very useful. BBB is supposed to be coming sometime soon and he will be very handy to have around as well. (He thinks he's just coming to start organizing to build a house on some property I have out by the lake, but I have mentioned this project to him in the past so it shouldn't come as a complete surprise. Besides, he will be able to use the cabinets and stove from this kitchen for his house so it's a win-win, right?)

On the downside, this is my weekend to round and I have to cover half of the next weekend, so I won't have a day off for 10 days, and then I only get one. Not too thrilled about that, but what are ya gonna do? Be grateful I have a job, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment