Proud members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. We strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility, and gun rights. We also believe in the 90/10 theory. That means that 10% of the people have 90% of the talent. Unfortunately, we are not in the 10% category. However, the rest of us are still better than 90% of the politicians.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Catching up

Well, I've been reading the news for one day and I'm already seriously tired of Arnie's messy life. I will now add his to the list of names I hope never to hear again.

I'm not really a baseball fan and so had never heard of Brandon Phillips, but this is the kind of story I love to read about sports players. A kid tweets an invitation to a Little League game and Phillips takes him up on it. "Phillips -- who attended the game on his only day off until June 2 -- stayed for most of the game, signing autographs and interacting with fans."

Can anyone tell me when this sort of film became acceptable? Enough that "Critics have also fallen in love with the upsetting film and are placing it in contention for the highest Cannes honor, the Palme d'or." Not that I have a high opinion (actually most would have to climb some for me to have a low opinion) of movie critics, but even they could do better than this, couldn't they?

And, finally, a perfect example of why the Federal Government needs to get out of the business of education. The stars have to be aligned? Politics of education?




No comments:

Post a Comment