Proud members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. We strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility, and gun rights. We also believe in the 90/10 theory. That means that 10% of the people have 90% of the talent. Unfortunately, we are not in the 10% category. However, the rest of us are still better than 90% of the politicians.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ooh, seriously cool

Interesting concept. I wonder how they will make them sustainable. I have read of ocean farming in SF books, but the only thing I found on it in Google related to seaweed only and I imagine that would become boring in a hurry. If everything had to be imported, seems like it would be prohibitive. Perhaps I'm just not knowledgeable enough about the subject.

Having grown up on the beach, fishing, diving, surfing and sailing, being near the ocean is one thing I really miss. Living in it sounds wonderful. A group of friends and I rented a houseboat one summer and spent all of our available time on Lake Mead. It was a great time, one I'll say more about some day. Anyway, living on the water is something I wouldn't mind trying. Creating a new society...well, that would be pretty interesting, too.

H/T Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment