Proud members of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. We strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility, and gun rights. We also believe in the 90/10 theory. That means that 10% of the people have 90% of the talent. Unfortunately, we are not in the 10% category. However, the rest of us are still better than 90% of the politicians.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I miss boring

Little Rock may not be the most interesting city in the country, but I gotta tell ya, it's sure a lot easier to get around there than in any other city I know. 

What we call traffic is a relaxing drive in most cities.  You can get just about everything you need and there's rarely a line for any of it.  As a matter of fact, most Arkansawyers are appalled at the idea of waiting more than 5 minutes for a table at even the best restaurant in town.  (And, yes, there are a few that make eating out worthwhile.)

I am reminded again of why I choose to live out in the country.  Originally I moved because I was needed, now I stay because I've gotten used to living in a neighborhood where my neighbor has a private range and the guy up the hill just shoots in his backyard.  The people across the street keep chickens and no one complains about the goats, or the chickens, or the shooting.  Yet I live on a paved street in a quiet neighborhood with all of the city amenities (well, except really good internet).  And it only takes me 25 minutes to get to work in downtown Little Rock.  Even when the traffic is bad.  Usually it's less.

That said, visiting a big city is a reminder of how good I have it.   And how much less I pay for it.  Big cities are ok for a (very) short while, but they just have too damn many people. 

Think I might head toward home on the weekend, after I meet up with a friend in Springfield who will be off on Saturday. Besides, I'll need time to get the house back in shape.  LBB might be the best of all possible brothers, but when it comes to housecleaning...a pig would leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment